Robert L. Rogers
Lyon, Gorsky & Gilbert, L.L.P.
- Lead attorney in over 125 jury trials
- Experience in State and Federal courts
- Outstanding reputation as Dallas County prosecutor for ethics & trial skills
- Henry Wade Award recipient: 2006 – Outstanding Trial Prosecutor, Dallas County
Law Office of Robert L. Rogers
August 2007 – present
- Litigation practice focusing on State and Federal Criminal Defense
- Secured acquittals in jury and bench trials for clients charged with major felony offenses
- Achieved excellent results including dismissals, Grand Jury No-Bills and reduced sentences for clients.
Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
Assistant District Attorney
January 1997 – August 2007
Felony Chief Prosecutor
- Supervised and trained trial prosecutors assigned to represent the State of Texas in Criminal District Courts
- Managed an annual caseload of 1000 cases in the assigned District Court
- Lectured and conducted trial skill seminars for Dallas County prosecutors
- Lead prosecutor in numerous jury trials involving Capital Murder, Aggravated Robbery and other serious felony offenses.
Deputy Chief – Child Abuse Division
- Supervised a team of fifteen prosecutors, investigators and victim advocates assigned to the Child Abuse Division.
- Lead prosecutor in over forty jury trials involving child abuse.
- Conducted regular training sessions for local law enforcement, forensic interviewers and doctors.
- Regular speaker at Crimes Against Children conference for prosecutors and law enforcement officials from across the country.
Trial Prosecutor – Felony Division
- Gained substantial trial experience as first and second chair prosecutor in over fifty jury trials
Trial Prosecutor – Misdemeanor Division
- Lead prosecutor in over fifty jury trials
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
The University of Texas at Austin
B.A. – History
U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
Dallas Bar Association, Criminal Justice Committee
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Ask Bob G.
GOT A QUESTION? If you have a legal question that you can put into a few sentences, send it here and Bob Gorsky will reply. Please be concise and if Bob can’t answer it in a few words, he’ll contact you for further discussion or a referral to an attorney with the required expertise. Also, note that due to ethical and privacy concerns, Bob’s reply will be for information purposes only and is not intended as a formal legal consultation. A personal meeting or a more detailed telephone conference may be needed.